Tuesday, October 25, 2016

#TechTipTuesday: Preparing for National Blog Post Month #NaBloPoMo



It's almost that time of the year: #NaBloPoMo and #NanoWriMo starts November 1st.

If you don't recall what these things are, here is the short version:

Write a Blog post every day...I mean EVERYDAY, for one whole month.

(#NanoWriMo:Write a novel in a month)





I took on the NaBloPoMO challenge last year and I am here to tell you, it was an awesome experience that I look forward to again this year.

You may be wondering: Why was it so awesome?

Here is why:

1. It felt good to have a daily challenge that was genuinely challenging.
2. The community support is phenomenal.
3. It helped me to stretch my imagination and creativity daily.
4. It helped me improve my writing/blogging practices


So I am back again this year to encourage everyone one of my educator friends to take this challenge on and here are a few easy ideas to get you started on what to put on that blog of yours everyday for the entire Month:

Keep it simple

  • If you are just getting started, try sharing a picture a day with a few words explaining or identifying the learning happening in your space


It does not just have to be you

  • Guest blog posts are great! Invite others to write something for your blog, then the next day you can write a reflection piece on their writing.


  • Share the great work happening in your learning spaces. 
  • Publish student work, have another student write up a reflection on it, and then you can write up a reflection on the reflection! (too meta?)
When in doubt...re-share
  • Some days you will not know what to write, try looking back through on your older posts, and re-share them along with a refreshed refection or update to what once was
  • Brand new to blogging and have nothing to re-share and reflect on? Search the #nablopomo and read a few posts, find inspiration from others. 
Lastly, keep a small journal
  • I decided last year I need a simple and quick place to jot down ideas when they came to me. I found this to be very useful so that when inspiration was lacking, I could flip through through my notes, (and sometimes write about how I had nothing to write about) 



No matter how you look at it, it is time to prepare to write/share, the key is to find enjoyment in the challenge and share your words with a bigger audience.

I can not wait to start this challenge again and I look forward to reading about your experiences as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment